Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12, 2012

Well, I am back to work.  It was great to see all of my students. So many of last year's 5th graders came up to me to welcome me back.  As the word got out that I had returned, students who had moved on to middle school also came back to see me and welcome me.  Last Thursday night was our parent meeting about camp.  Many of my parents from last year were there and were also very welcoming. And of course, the staff was amazing.  It feels good to be back at work although I was grateful for the 3 day weekend this week.

I have done well with both the move and being back to work.  I realize that I am tired out much more easily so I try to remember not to push myself. I have gone to bed early each night and do very little once I get home from work. On the weekends,

Last weekend, Pat and Ray came to go to their grandchildren's games.  Ric also came with his kids.  I spent my Saturday going to games.  Ella happened to be playing near my Dad's so I picked him up to go watch Ella's game.  After taking him home, I went to see Alisa play softball and then to Robert's football playoff.  I ended my afternoon by going to Hannah's soccer game.  When all the games were done, we all met up for pizza.  The grandkids (both mine and Pat's) had a great time together.  It is always so fun to spend time with any of my family. 

This weekend, I got to see Ella score her first goal for this season.  The best part was that her team won the game, 1-0.  They will be going to playoffs on December 1.  Hannah also had a game.The pee wees are always fun to watch.  They just love playi8ng and really don't care about the score.

My house is coming along.  I have not touched the scrapbooking boxes at all and don't plan to for a while.  But my room is completely put together and the kitchen is done except for finishing up the desk.  My legs are getting used to the stairs and I am remembering to take everything either up or down with me so that I don't have to make a lot of extra trips.  The neighbors are very nice.  At first, only Einstein would go up or down the stairs in the house.  It took Newton about 4 days to figure it out. Neither dog would use the stairs from the balcony to the yard.  Newton mastered those first and I had to take Einstein up and down a few times before he would go alone.  That has made it easier because before I had to put them on their leashes and take them out the driveway to the yard.  They seem to be adjusting well to the new surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment