Monday, March 4, 2013

March 4, 2013

The last few weeks have been great.  I did start chemo on the 20th of February.  This is different medications and I wasn't sure how things would go.  I was very nauseated while i was getting the meds.  Because there were 2 new meds, I had to wait in between each one to make sure I didn't have any reaction.  That lead to a very long time in the chair.  I was nauseated the next few days and had a lot of headaches (normal side effect for one of the new meds).  I slept a lot for a few days.  I would sleep, get up for about 30 minutes, and go back to sleep.  But since then I have not had any other side effects.  I can drink cold drinks (something I couldn't do last time) and my energy level has been great.  It's almost scary how well I feel!  But I am not questioning it; just enjoying it.

I put in my letter of intent to retire.  I found out I only get paid until May 13 (even at the lower rate) so I decided it's time to retire.  I have been feeling so peaceful since I made the decision.

Because I still have so much energy, I have been able to get a lot done around the house.  I have been going through all of our pictures and getting them sorted into years.  It has been so fun to look at pictures of my children growing up.  There are so many good memories.  I found pictures of my mom and grandma and also pictures of Chuck's dad.  My kids are excited to be able to go through them and have some for themselves.  Today Josh and I did a lot of gardening.  We weeded and planted flowers in the front yard. He hung bird feeders and it is very peaceful out there.

We are all getting adjusted to living together.  It is going very well.  It is nice to see granddaughters each morning.  Just as Randi cheered me up before, I have two to cheer me up now.  And Saturday night, we had a movie night with Jennifer and her children.  It's been lots of fun.

I am looking forward to next week.  Jessica and her children will be here for their spring break.  And then on Friday the 15th, my sister Diana will be visiting Dad and she and Rich will bring him to see my house. Hopefully a couple other sisters will be able to join us for a family dinner.

I will go for my blood work tomorrow.  As much energy as I have, I would be really surprised if I can't do chemo on Wednesday.  I am hoping the side effects will be the same as 2 weeks ago but I've been warned that they may not.  Whatever the outcome, I am working to keep a positive attitude and just give it all to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment