Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 7, 2012

I made the half way mark!mm Yeah!  Now I am just hoping that the lower dosage allows me to go every 2 weeks instead of always having to wait another week.  I should have been done August 1 but now my last chemo (if I stay on the 2 week schedule) is August 29.  Then i still have to give it another month to get my immune system back up to where I can be around students. But so far  I have no side effects this time. I'm sure they will come but so far so good.

My rock this week was from Bailey (my oldest granddaughter for those of you who don't know).  She reminded me that no matter how bad it is, it will get better.  Sometimes kids just say the right things! I really have the BEST grandkids on earth!

Being on disability really sucks!  It seems like everything that can go wrong and costs money is happening right now.  I just took my car in for an oil change and because the service air bag light is on.  They are showing my warranty has expired 500 miles ago.  I know that's not right since we just bought the car in September but it took forever just to get it checked in.Then of course, there are services needed that aren't covered under warranty for a total of $850!  It doesn't help that I really don't like this dealer and I'm not totally happy with the car.  I am really thinking I want to trade it in and I would even get a smaller car.  With the price of gas, and not needing the bigger car all the time, I think I might be happier.  We could just rent a big car when we need it.

Well, Im have a busy day ahead of me.  I am meeting all of my sisters at the hospital to celebrate Mom's birthday and Father's Day before one sister leaves this afternoon.  I will miss having all my sisters here. Then Ella has a class play tonight and Hannah graduates from preschool tonight.  A hectic day and I will probably miss my nap but the grandkids grow up so fast! m It seems like they are growing faster than my own kids did.  If only there was a way to keep them little longer.

Thanks to all of you who have been adding my mom to your prayer list.  She is showing improvement every day but she is still in ICU.  The doctor thinks dialysis may just be a temporary thing and they have stabilized her heart rate.  Those are the 2 biggest problems at this point. So the prayers are definitely helping!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear an update on you and Grandma. Sure wish I could be out there, but you are both in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete