Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5, 2012

I have had several people email me because I haven't blogged so I thought I better get busy and do a post.  I didn't blog last week because my labs were not good last week and couldn't get chemotherapy.  I was really down for a few days.  Then on Friday night, I got a call about 11:00 that my mom was in ICU and that they were going to put her on a breathing tube.  I have been at the hospital every day in Pomona. 

First of all, my labs today were good and I will be at my halfway mark when I do chemo tomorrow!  Yeah!  I am really excited about that. I feel like it has been a long time coming since I should have been at this point several weeks ago.

My biggest concern has been my mom.She has acute renal failure.  They have been able to take her off the ventilator and her lab numbers have come back better every day.  She sleeps a lot but we do see improvement every day. She is receiving dialysis but the doctor is hoping that it will be temporary. Today she got to eat for the first time.  She didn't eat much but she is drinking Ensure. It's also been nice because all of my sisters have been there.  I always like spending time with them.

Well, I know this is a short post but I am exhausted from my day.  Thanks for all your continued prayers and good thoughts for my recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment