Thursday, August 30, 2012

August 30. 2012

Chemo session #11 in the books!  Only one more session to go.  In just 15 days (hopefully) I will have done my last session and get my pump disconnected for the last time!  It seems like it's been a long time coming but at least now i really see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I asked the oncologist what the plan will be after session #12.  I will have a follow up with her 2 weeks later to check my blood work and then I will follow up every 3 months with her and do blood work.  In December, I will have another colonoscopy.

Jason had a family gathering here in So. California last weekend.  He brought the girls with him but Cole had come down with strep throat so he and Jessica stayed home.  I didn't get to see much of them, but I enjoyed a sleepover with Baily, Lindsay, Ella, and Hannah on Friday night.  Then on Saturday, we joined Jason's parents on Saturday night.  Bailey turned 13 on Tuesday.  I can't believe I have a teenage granddaughter.

On August 19, our 9th grandchild arrived.  Jackson Robert (called JR) was born to Jennifer and Chad.  He was 6 lbs. 4 oz. and only 18 3/4" long.  We are hoping to get to see him soon.

Chuck is going to become a driver trainer for new employees who just graduate from trucking school.  He will get a truck upgrade.  He has to go to a training and we are hoping it will be in Phoenix so that I can join him.  That will give us a chance to meet JR and see his sisters.

I am doing well on my own so far.  I have been busy packing.  Our house is officially on the market and we've had an open house already.  The new house isn't ready for us to move into yet but it is coming along beautifully.

I did get to go to Randi's first day of school.  She was so excited!  The teacher called on her as an example of how to sit at your desk, push your chair in, and how to put your finished papers in the box.She thought she was really important.  Her class is a K/1 combo.I know she is going to have a great year.

 I also have met with friends several times this week.  On Sunday, I got to shop with 2 former Ramona teachers at the outlet mall in Camarillo.  On Monday I met some retired Ramona teachers and a former Ramona teacher for coffee.  Then I met some Las Flores teacher friends for lunch.  On Wednesday, after che3mo, I met with 4 of my cohorts from Ramona.  I also found out that the sub who is going to start my class is one of my favorite subs.  She is the daughter of our case manager wh0o used to be my aide.  I have known Sidney since she was just a little girl.  I am excited for her to be starting my class for me.

I am going to try to go visit my sister-in-law in Hawaii in October if my health permits.   (Dinah, if you're reading this, sorry I haven't let you know yet).  She is moving back to California in November so I figured it would be fun to go relax there while I still have a place to stay.  I need to be sure I am up to the five hour flight and I won't be able to do as much as I usually do, but it will be a good way to prepare for going back to the classroom.

I still appreciate all of the prayers, phone calls, cards and messages I get from all of you.  I would not have made it through these past 8 months without all of the support.  Please continue to pray that I will get my last treatment on schedule and that all of my test results will come back showing that this has worked.


No comments:

Post a Comment