Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

As you may be able to tell from the time of this post, I am not able to get chemo this week.  My counts are low again and my protein is also low.  However, my hemoglobin is staying stable so that means so transfusion.  I had said over the weekend that my energy level was low and I didn't think I would be able to get chemo so aat least I wasn't totally disappointed.  Also, Chuck is home so that means I don't have to give up my whole week to chemo while he is here.

I spent 5 hours at kaiser yesterday.  The nurse had difficulty with my port again. She called the doctor to get the ok to declot but by the time she got approval, her shift was over. When another nurse took over, I asked her if we could try one more time.  This time, it worked.  But the doctor had decided that I needed to be hydrated.  So I received IV fluids over the next two hours. In the meantime, Chuck had a delivery to make so he left me there to finish.

Now that I know I will not be starting the school year, my goal has become to improve my immune system so that I don't have to miss any more time when I do return.  After this last postponement, November 1 is not looking unreasonable. Ala in all, my side effects seem to be lasting longer as I get further along in the process.  This last 2 weeks, I have had side effects for 10 days or so.

Jordan, Amity, and Randi have moved back to the Temecula area.  It is very quiet around here without them.  Even Einstein misses them and their dogs.  He has created a new game to entertain himself.  He takes one of his toys and drops it in the basket that I have for grandkids to put their things when they come over.  The problem is, he isn't tall enough to get his toy back out.  So then he barks, just once, for me to get it for him.  Of course I do and the whole process starts over. I am looking forward to seeing their new place and going out for Randi's first day of kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment