Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 24, 2012

Well,, I thought this week was a lot better but that's not what my labs say.  My protein is still going down and I don't see how that is possible. I am eating protein for 3 meals a day and drinking 2 protein shakes (with double protein powder).  Now she wants me to try drinking a green juice every morning that doesn't sound to good.  But I'll try it.The good new is that my count was barely high enough but I can do chemo tomorrow.  So hopefully all will go well.  At least I'm not completely fatigued this time. The next 3 days are usually easy for me so I hope they continue in that manner.

My kids did a really nice thing for me.  They got a vase, each painted a rock (with Uncle Josh's help) and then wrote a reason I am doing the chemo.I guess on the other side of Chuck's there's a place for me to write a reason. As a do a session I get to open one rock (they're all wrapped now) and after I read it I have another vase to put it in.  It's a great visual and it's nice to see the open rocks get fuller! Their reasons  are pretty cheery, too!

Unfortunately, we missed seeing Kinsey & Madison this weekend because a fever kept coming and the going away.  I haven't seen those 2 little ones in quite a while.  Hopefully I'll be better on the next visit!

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, we keep putting your name on prayer rolls in temples from Memphis TN to Seattle, WA. That would be a few thousand prayers daily. We love you! Anxious to see you in June. Di & Rich

    ReplyDelete