Saturday, April 7, 2012

March 22,, 2012

I guess I must have been pretty bad.  While I was sleeping, the kids decided to call my doctor. The doctor told them to take me to urgent care immediately.  When we got to urgent care, they sent me immediately to the ER. I was admitted with a fever and a very low white cell blood count.  I had also had diarrhea for about a week and no amount of Immodium AD was helping.

This time, I had to have another unit of blood.  I stayed in the hospital until April 4th. At this point, Chuck had been gone for 6 weeks.  He was due to make a delivery in Paramount on April 2nd so we had decided that I would meet him out towards Palm Springs on the 1st, we would stay at a nice hotel and celebrate our anniversary a few days early because I would have the pump on the 5th, our actual anniversary.  Because I was admitted, he drove home to be able to be with me.  I thought I was going to get to go home on the 3rd but the doctor decided she wanted to keep me at least one more day.  This meant that, again, my chemo round would be postponed. That was very discouraging to me because all I could see at the time is that the end was also prolonged.

Luckily, the doctor discharge me on the 4th and I got to spend our anniversary with Chuck before he headed out again on the 6th. Amity mad a delicious Hawaiian meal of Kaluha Pork, macaroni salad and rice.  It was better than any meal we could have gone out for.

It was hard to say good bye to Chuck when we didn't get to spend that much time together.  He spent his days off getting our taxes done, running all the errands we usually do together when he's home, and coming back and forth to spend time with me (even though I slept a lot of that time).  But it was nice to have hime there, holding my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment