Saturday, April 7, 2012

I met with the oncologist, Dr. Yap, for the first time. Angie had volunteered to go with me to be a second set (and probably better prepared to listen) set of ears. Luckily, Chuck also happened to be home that day and was also able to go. I really liked Dr. Yap right away. We set up a treatment plan and she even worked it out that I would be able to go to Arizona in early March for Cole's birthday and B9iley's performance in All-state band. My first round of chemotherapy was scheduled for February 29. I was also scheduled to have a port put in on February 13. Now, one thing I haven't mentioned is that one of my very dearest friends was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last September. She had her port put in and died in October. For this reason, having a port scared me to death. But it was necessary for my treatment and so we proceeded as planned. The port was put in, and chemo began.

No comments:

Post a Comment