Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 6, 2012

I woke up this morning as if nothing had been wrong again. We usually camp Easter weekend with Angie's family at Lake Skinner but I decided to forgo the trip this year and just stay home.  Unfortunately, Ella broke her wrist last night, skating, so I decided to take her a movie to watch and then went shopping with Amity and Randi.  While we were at Old Navy, the young girl checking us out had a buzz.  I commented that I liked her hair style.  She said she had done it for her grandma who was now in remission. We went to lunch and Amity and Randi went home.  I needed to get buttons for dre3sses I had made for the girls so I went out again.

Later, I was at Target, looking for a game Ella could take to Skinner to play (since she can't do much else right now).  A woman came up to me and asked if I was at the end of my chemo.  I replied that, no, I was just beginning and had just had to postpone my 3rd round.  Now, I truly believe that God brings people into your life in mysterious ways when you need them. As this woman and I stood in the aisle talking,  she asked me if I would be interested in attending a woman's support group for cancer patients and survivors.  I had just been online looking for such a group!  She leads a group here locally (she's a 12 year survivor).  As we were exchanging information, she mentioned that she works for Bellflower Unified schools.  I told her that I taught for Bellflower at Ramona.  She is an instructional aide for special ed and works directly with one of my very good friends that is a special ed teacher at Foster.  We also talked about all the other teachers I know from Foster.  What a small world! Then she mentioned that I must know another woman in the group. It is our speech teacher from Ramona who has been out all year with breast cancer.  And the best part is that the group meets this Tuesday night, right before my next chemo round!

No comments:

Post a Comment