Friday, April 27, 2012

April 27, 2012

This has been a roller coaster week.  I spent the weekend trying to stay healthy enough to get my chemo treatment on Tuesday.  When I saw the oncologist, my levels barely met the minimum to receive chemo but she did decide to proceed so I didn't have to skip another week.  But it was extremely discouraging because I had worked so hard to stay healthy enough.  My protein level is still dropping.  It should be a 3.  Last time it was 2.9 and this time it dropped again to 2.7.  I am drinking protein shakes, making sure I eat at least some protein every meal, and eating at least  meals a day.  Sometimes, the 3 meals are hard to do!  I'd been told that I might get to where everything tastes like metal and that does happen sometimes so nothing tastes good.  We talked again about revising my doses or even taking out one of the meds but at this time, she left everything as is.  The nausea has been extreme this week.  I have had to take 3 different meds for it on some days.  The third med makes me very shaky so I don't like to have to get that far. 

My rock this week was from Ella.  Josh, Angie, Ella, and Hannah came over to watch me unwrap the rock.  Ella was hoping I'd pick hers.  Her message said, "Remember all you need is hope."  It was so sweet and cheered me up.

Another bright note this week was when I received a package from my sister-in-law, Dinah, from Hawaii.  I have a favorite clothing line that you can only buy in Hawaii.  She sent me a dress to lounge around in from that store.  If you don't know, I love Hawaii (who wouldn't) and since she has moved there we have gone almost every year.  So the dress also cheered me up!  She's planning to move back to the mainland at the end of this year so I definitely want to try to go before she leaves.

I am missing my class right now and thinking of them as they get ready to do state testing next week.  I am so grateful that one of my very best friends is their substitute because I know she has worked hard to help them continue on the scholarly path we started on in September.  Thanks Tricia!  You give me less to worry about!

The best part of this week is that I am 1/3 of the way through treatment!  It doesn't sound near as bad when I say it that way!  I am also looking forward to a visit from at least one and maybe two of my sisters this weekend.  Life continues to be good and the Lord continues to bless me.  I feel all of your prayers, love and support.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment